Saturday, January 21, 2012

~VALENTINE MOUSER VIGNETTE


WOW....guess I have been away from blogger for a while and I apologize for that! I have been spending some quality time with family and also finishing up a few personal projects from my "to do" list. Do you have one of those?....ha! But...I am happy to say that things are beginning to happen again here at the farm and I have my first new mouser offering up for your consideration.


This is Miss Maisy Mouser and she is surrounded by all her favorite vintage valentine treasures. This one-of-a-kind vignette was inspired by a pattern from one of my favorites...OLD ROAD PRIMITIVES.

This vignette measures 14 x 9 1/2 x 4 1/2. The mailbox is made of sturdy paper mache. It has been painted white over black, heavily sanded and then aged and sealed with my own special blend of paste wax giving it a wonderful old patina.


The "Be My Valentine" hangtag is hand embroidered osnaburg that has been aged and stiffened to hold its shape for years to come.



Miss Maisy stands 5 1/2 inches tall and is made of aged osnaburg. She is wearing her best red flannel dress and aged muslin apron. She is proudly showing off her valentine heart/sweet annie bouquet given to her by none other than her own "Mr. Wonderful." The mailbox is finished off with sweet vintage valentines from years gone by and muslin painted hearts lightly dusted with mica flakes.





This piece is not intended for small children but for the serious adult collector. As with all my offerings, special attention and care is given to each detail. If you should feel "needful" of this one-of-a-kind vignette, please contact me at grams1garden@yahoo.com.

Cost is $45.00 with FREE priority airfare to your home ~~~ my valentine gift to you.

Thank you for stopping by to peek at Miss Maisy.

MAISY HAS BEEN SPOKEN FOR. THANK YOU, TAMARA!

valentine hugs and smiles,
Carol

17 comments:

tlmann217 said...

Once again, Carol, I love it! Absolutely adorable! You know you gotta send her to me! Tamara

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

Oh, Carol, it's beautiful!! Maisy and the
sparkly hearts it's all wonderful.
Hugs,
Susan

The Bear's Blog said...

Hi Carol,

Maisy is beautiful. What a wonderful artistic arrangement for a wee little mouse to celebrate Hearts Day.

Hugs

CRAFTY STITCHERS said...

Love, Love, Love It!!!

COUNTRY PICKINS said...

Hi Carol, It is absolutely beautiful...WOW!!!! Love it. Hugs,
Linda

~Sara said...

Oh Carol, that is so beautiful!! What a treasure. I didn't think it would still be available, your creativeness is amazing. Glad to hear from you, and I look forward to visiting more. Blessings ~Sara

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol, I ~Love~ the way that your new Valentine's Mouser Vignette turned out! Not surprised that she has already been spoken! Keep up the great work! Kim

Sheila said...

Already off to a good home! How sweet is that?
I'm not a lover of "mice" but you always change my mind with your darling creations Carol! I can't even imagine the detail in person.
Working on Valentines myself, nothing near that cute though.
Have a great weekend!
~Sheila

Mary said...

Hi Carol, I knew your new vignette was going to be great. But...WOW, you outdid yourself once again! Ms. Maisy is super cute and the rest of the vignette is so, so beautiful! Your Valentines vignette speaks nothing but "LOVE"!!!
Congrats off to you, my sweet friend... for another Excellent job well done! Big Hugs, Mary

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

So Beautiful Carol!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Another amazing vignette Carol....and, gee - looks like someone near and dear to me got here before me once again. Oh well - at least I might be able to negotiate some visitation rights with Miss Maisy. Hope all is well in your world. Have missed seeing you about....
Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Jody Wakefield studio said...

Oh Carol this is simply darling! you have the magic touch, I love the glitter on the hearts!. Tamara is a lucky customer!!

Hugs
Jody

Mary said...

Hi Carol, Had to come back and take another look at that wonderful creation of yours....It is the cutest thing everrrr! Big Hugs Mary

Meadowbrook Cabin Primitives said...

Carol,

Love your Valentine set ! It is making me hungry for those little conversation hearts ! And chocolate !

Hugs,
Linda

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh goodness, that is the sweetest thing ever!! I love all of the detail

Carol

Vicki said...

Hello, Carol. Love the mouser! Thanks for visiting my blog this week. Take care!

Robin said...

Love this mailbox arrangement. Thanks for stopping by our blog :)